Late-January is the time of year when chapped lips are most likely to hit with a vengeance, according to a statistic I made up for this post.
No, but seriously– how chapped are your lips right now? Mine certainly are, and the wind chill isn’t making life for my chapstick any easier.
1. Guerlain Terracotta Baume Au Coeur High-Shine Soothing Lip Balm ($30)
2. The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter ($10)
3. Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer ($4)
4. Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm ($3)
5. Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm ($15)
6. L’Occitane Shea Butter Lip Balm Stick ($10)
7. Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment ($22.50)
I love that the beauty gods have added a little sheer color to some of the best lip balms. Now you don’t have to sacrifice a gorgeous pink or plum lip for needed moisture– you can have the best of both worlds.
The key to rehabbing chapped lips is persistance– just keep coating, don’t let them dry out. Step your game up to something medicated (Burt’s Bees and Blistex both have options) if regular old balm isn’t doing the trick. And whatever you do, don’t lick your lips.