A bright tropical floral dress with leather mules.
Another summer day, another breezy outfit. This orange Minkpink dress is a dream to wear because it’s bright, cheerful, and super breathable. Breathable might be an understatement, as major deep-cut armholes result in the most serious side boob of all time. (Hence the neon bralette for this look.) I went with a bunch of orange tones to round things out: neutral leather mules with orange soles, a neon orange lace bralatte, and a burnt orange lip. (Yes, it’s 22 by Kylie Cosmetics.) I added some black for balance: Zac Posen sunnies, a super cheap choker, and the block heel of the aforementioned sandals.
There are definitely some 90s elements working here (I’m so down), like the choker, lip color, and mules. But I love the way the punchy floral keeps things from being too moody.
Are you curious about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale? (It’s coming– like winter in Game of Thrones, only way more stylish.) Scroll down for details + how to get early access.
Shop the look:
With a little assurance from fashion tape, I’d totally wear this orange Minkpink dress sans bralette. It also works over a bathing suit at the pool or under a blazer/leather jacket for a night out. That’s just one of the reasons I love this dress– it has solid remix potential.
A big congrats to Stephanie Hermes, who won the $640 Nordstrom giveaway! Happy shopping, Stephanie!
Ready, Set, #NSale
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts this week (Thursday for cardholders). You’ll be hearing about it all over the web and social media. If you’ve shopped the sale before, welcome back and happy Hunger Games. If you’re not familiar, here are the #nsale highlights:
- This is the sale to stock up on some fall pieces and accessories. Think jeans, boots + booties, sweaters, coats + jackets, purses, watches, jewelry, etc. I know it seems crazy in the dead of July to be buying up cableknit and tall boots, but the discount will be that good. You’ll be kicking yourself in October for paying full price for stuff you can get on super sale now.
- My shopping strategy? I snag a few pieces I know I’ll want to add to my fall closet during the early access period, then check back throughout the sale for items that grow on me. On my list this year: a staple fall handbag and some high-end workout gear.
- The sale is open to Nordstrom cardholders (debit and/or credit) from July 14th – July 21st. Early birds get the fashion worm; the sale is best if shopped at the beginning, because once things sell out they’re gone for the duration of the sale.
- Not a cardmember? You can still apply + get early access here. Not only will you get to shop the sale early, but you’ll earn points every time you use your Nordie’s card (which adds up to a $20 Nordstrom Note for every $1000 you spend).
- The sale opens to the public on July 22 and lasts until August 7th. After that, all the prices go up.
- Check my posts throughout the sale. I’ll curate top picks + what I’m buying to direct you to the latest and greatest Nordie’s has to offer. There are some serious steals to be nabbed, so stay tuned!
Linking up with Beauty By Miss L, Her Heartland Soul, Walking in Memphis in High Heels + The Fashion Canvas, I Do DeClaire, Two Peas in a Blog, Style Nudge, Shopping My Closet, Posh Classy Mom, Pumps and Push Ups, and The Pleated Poppy.