As your standard shopaholic, season changeovers are really hard for me. The stores start swapping out window displays and mailing glossy catalogs with clothes for the new season, and I promptly start drooling. Gimme, gimme… Here’s what I’m craving this fall.
1. JCrew Emmaleigh dress ($188)
2. MICHAEL Michael Kors Double Wrap Leather Strap watch ($160)
3. Louise et Cie Jenniy pump ($120)
4. ASOS Structured Sleeve Leather jacket ($253)
5. JCrew Marlie satchel ($338)
6. BaubleBar Gold Multi-Chain Bib necklace ($66)
7. Jeffrey Campbell Everly bootie ($200)
A little black dress is a piece every girl needs hanging in her closet. Done deal. This gorgeous version from JCrew satisfies all the requirements a dress needs to carry you for years to come: classic cut, appropriate length, and quality fabric. It works with a blazer/leather jacket in the fall/winter, and all by itself in the spring/summer.
I’m a huge fan of statement watches, and no one does it for me quite like Mr. Kors. Love the enormous face + the skinny double wrap leather band on this watch. All the awards, MK.
Leopard is back in a big way. A leopard pump is perfect, and I love this slightly pointed shoe from Louise et Cie with a shiny gold-plated heel.
Um, hello dream jacket. This ASOS leather number has so much sass, and it’s hitting all the right notes: punky, super structured, quilted, and just too damn good to pass up.
Speaking of structure, this ladylike satchel from JCrew is gorgeous, no? Love the black and navy, and the leather + suede feels the proper weight for the colder months. (I wonder how much of my life I can cram in this? Will report back.)
BaubleBar usually gets it right, and this gold bib necklace is no exception. I plan on layering it under existing pieces in my jewelry wardrobe, but it’s beautiful on its own.
I have this Jeffrey Campbell bootie in black, but the updated version for this fall is an irresistible warm luggage brown with some attention-grabbing gold hardware. (Seriously, if it’s not gold-plated or mirrored, I pass right over it these days.) I want to wear these stompers with everything from skinny denim to burgundy leggings.
Are you drooling yet?
So what am I thankful for?
– The gorgeous early fall weather. It’s been in the mid-70s to low-80s for the past week here in Kansas City, with little humidity (score). I’ve had the windows open + attic fan on for weeks now. Ahhh, the breezy life.
– Good friends. I don’t say it enough, but I adore my friends. Old and new, I’ve got some great people in my life. You know who you are, and I love you!
– The promise of college basketball season. I do love a good football game, but men’s college basketball is where my heart is. Late Night in the Phog kicks off KU’s season, and I’m beyond pumped to be back in the Fieldhouse to open another year.
– Fashion Week. KC may not be a fashion hub of the world, but we hold our own. Kansas City Fashion Week is next week, and yours truly will be front row on Thursday night. Are you going? Would love to see you! Tweet me!