The air is drying out, and so are my lips. I have the following tucked away all over the place– my car, purse, office, bathroom, nightstand, etc. At least I’m well-stocked for the Battle of the Chapped:
1. C.O. Bigelow Lemon lip balm ($7.50)
2. C.O. Bigelow Coconut lip butter ($7.50)
3. Fresh Sugar Honey Lip Tinted Treatment SPF 15 ($22.50)
4. Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Rhubarb ($4.99)
5. Burt’s Bees Acai Berry lip balm ($4.99)
6. The Body Shop Mango lip butter ($10)
7. Kiehl’s Lip Balm set ($30)
Chapped lips are a total makeup buzzkill. You get your face all set and then go to finish up with lipstick/gloss, only to have flaky lips ruin your game. The options above will smooth things out.
If you want a little color while the balm does its work, options from Fresh (3) and Burt’s Bees (4, 5) are right up your alley. You can also use a clear balm (1) first, then swipe on a little lipstick. Lip butters (2, 6) are a bit thicker than your standard balm, but really overhaul flakes in no time. A little shine is nice, and no one does that better than Kiehl’s (7).
Do you have a favorite defense against chapped lips?