I had a conversation with a friend last week about the contents of our handbags, which started after someone at a nearby table asked, “Does anyone have a bobby pin?” I did, of course. My friend adheres to the Less is Lighter philosophy; her handbag choices are small, and she carries around only the bare necessities: cell phone, keys, wallet and a Burt’s Bees lip balm. Very minimalist.
On the other end of the spectrum, yours truly hauls around a bit of an arsenal. I’m a Capricorn and a former Girl Scout, which means I like being prepared almost as much as I like breathing. (So: a whole lot.) This applies to the items (supplies? gear?) in my handbag. I’m totally that girl who always has a hair elastic or a Tide Pen.
In addition to the requisite cell phone, keys and wallet:
- An iPod
- Lavender hand cream
- C.O. Bigelow’s lemon lip balm (great for lips)
- Blotting papers (Clean and Clear makes a great/cheap pack)
- Quick-drying topcoat (I hate a chip on the go)
- Visine (it is wedding season, after all)
- Benefit’s Benetint lip balm (the prettiest shade of deep pink)
- The aforementioned Tide To Go pen
- A mirrored compact (isn’t this Marc Jacobs version pretty?)
- Hand sanitizer
- Sunglasses (great for the days when you pop out to run errands sans eye makeup)
- Excedrin (headaches never strike when you’re standing in front of your medicine cabinet)
- Nail file
- Nail clippers (hangnails be damned
What products/beauty items do you always have with you?